Monday, August 12, 2013

Is a picture worth a thousand true words? Images of the G-AESY Lockheed Electra 10-A

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I used the image of a Lockheed 14 on my website to show the logo for British Airways LTD.  I never claimed it was the REAL plane but pictures can lead us to assume, for the more careful curious followers, I do explain it is not the G-AESY.
 In the course of the years I have found various images of the G-AESY. However I recently found one, that could add a great twist to the tale...if it is accurate.

 CriticalPast

Vintage stock footage and millions of stock photo images comprising one of the world's largest royalty-free archival footage collections. All broadcast quality and available for immediate download in HD and SD formats, including professional screeners.



www.criticalpast.com
 
 
 

Airframe Info

Manufacturer:Lockheed
Model:10A Electra    Search all Lockheed 10A Electra
Year built:0000
Construction Number (C/N):1102
Number of Seats:N/A
Number of Engines:2

 
 
I recently found the images below on-line. While sifting through the files on the G-AESY I never found any mention of NEVILLECHAMBERLAIN using the G-AESY. To my knowledge he flew on Lockheed 14 he travelled by plane for the first time during the Munich crisis of 1938.
 
 
 
The New York Times

Two Standard Oil Men Killed in Plane Crash; British M.P. Also Is a Victim in Denmark

COPENHAGEN, Denmark, Aug. 15.--Samuel J. Simonton of Allentown, Pa., and C.A. Castillo*, a Mexican, both representatives of the Standard Oil Company of New Jersey, and Anthony C. Crossley, a member of the British Parliament, were among five persons killed in a plane crash in Denmark today.
 
*I took the liberty to correct my grandfather's name from Casteillo to Castillo 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment